Chamomile reduces stress, promotes relaxation and more restful sleep. It’s a ‘safe tea’ and can be used to help relieve pain in babies and children and soothe bouts of colic.
May be useful for but not limited to:
- Teething in babies or applied to nappy rash.
- Reduce tension in an upset & stressed child.
- For nausea & tummy cramps.
- Depression, stress, nervous stomach, poor digestion, insomnia.
- Asthma, hay fever, gastrointestinal disorder including indigestion, dyspepsia, flatulence, food sensitivities, colic, irritable bowel syndrome & nausea.
- To stimulate & support the adrenals, kidneys, liver, bladder, spleen, gall & lungs.
To relieve a stuffy nose, pour a cupful of boiling water over 1-2 teas of chamomile in a small bowl, and inhale the steam.
Allergic reactions are mostly due to contamination with Athens cotula (contains anthecotulide, a contact allergen). Safe during pregnancy & lactation.